Was simple in Windows XP but took a little bit of effort for find how to show file extensions in Windows 7. Anyway just in case you need to know, do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer, you can do this by opening up any folder.
- Click “Organize”, scroll down and click on the “Folder and search options”.
- Click the “View” tab.
- Scroll down until you see “Hide extensions for known file types”, un-check this.
- If you are doing web development you might also want to tick “Don’t show hidden files, folders and drives”.
- Click “OK” and now your file extensions will now longer be hidden.