Install APC on Xampp
This is how I installed APC on Xampp on Windows 7
- Go to this webpage: http://downloads.php.net/pierre/
- READ THIS BIT CAREFULLY AS THE WEBSITE ABOVE IS CONSTANTLY UPDATED. Look for a file that starts with “php_apc” and then something like “-3.1.10″ (APC version) then “-5.3″ (Your Xampp PHP version) then “-vc9″ (unimportant) then “-x86″ (32 bit pc) () .zip
- At the time of writing if you were running xampp with php 5.3 then you would want this file http://downloads.php.net/pierre/php_apc-3.1.10-5.3-vc9-x86.zip
- Download and unzip this file
- Copy php_apc.dll to C:\xampp\php\ext
- Open php.ini (C:\xampp\php\php.ini) and add extension=php_apc.dll
You also needed to change a couple of settings inside apache.
- Go to the directory of installation\apache\conf
- Open and edit httpd.conf in a text editor
- Find all occurrences of
and change to
- I think it appears 2 or 3 times on the configuration file.
- Reset Apache
Should work for you as well.