My name is Leonard Austin. I have designed, developed and trained around web technologies for over a decade. My experience includes working on projects with British Red Cross, Leeds Metropolitan University, Yorkshire Forward and Parkinson’s Charity. Others would describe me as a travel junkie, extreme sports enthusiast and entrepreneur, however my true passion lies in building and utilising online products to further business development. This is my personal blog where I share my ideas and thoughts. I am a glass half-full type of guy and consider myself pretty lucky, always trying to do as much as possible, as life is too short.
A quick synopsis of my life so far is as follows:
- born in London,
- lived in Malaysia for 2 years,
- teenage years in Harrogate, ran 100m in 11.21s in sports day,
- studied Physics at The University of Leicester where I bough, renovated and sold a house, got a 1st class degree, won departmental award for highest achieving student, learnt to rock climb, won three limbo competitions and won a national jui jitsu compition,
- joined a startup web development company in Leeds where I lived and work for 3 years,
- took a 1 year break and travelled around the world, saw some amazing things and did my PADI (and drank a lot),
- went back to leeds and worked for another 3 years,
- finally moved to London to created a new startup called Recensus.
I enjoy rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, travelling, squash, kite surfing, technology, business and drinking.
About Me: http://about.me/leonardaustin